Friday, January 9, 2009

Valentine's Party - Plan it now!

I had some fun ideas for a party this month! A few times a year I put on a really good party to get everybody excited again - and this is it! Won't you all do it for your customers, too? Come on! It will be so much FUN, your friends are all going to love you for this.

The theme - Valentine's, of course! It's a couples party - flier style invitations inviting everyone to come with their sweethearts. I thought of a friend of mine who's husband is in the military, so I'm going to make some kind of a note on the invitation that singles can bring a friend and make it a GNO. Invitations need to be going out soon, so set that date for yourself (and your honey!) and print something off your computer. Put on a cute graphic, use pink paper, or grab some heart stickers from the grocery store and voila! You're already putting everyone in the mood ;o)

The game - Newlywed Game!~ well sort of. There's not time to do the real thing so I'll make a modified version. Each partnership will get slips of paper containing 5 questions each must answer separately without showing their partner. After everyone is finished you read each question and go around the room letting each set of partners answer. If their answers match, they get a point. After all 5 questions have been answered the game is over and the couple with the most points wins. You might need a tie breaker. You decide the prize, some Hershey's kisses, a red rose, lip gloss, be creative!
The refreshments - Cherry Chocolate Cake - YUM! I had this yesterday and took a picture :o) It's so easy, anyone can make it. You can make it the day before, if you guys are interested I'll share my recipe [email erin(dot)didion@goldcanyon(dot)us]. Since we're inviting our guy-friends we gotta have some "man" food - so I'm making my friend Sarah's Macho Nachos, I'm happy to share that recipe if you're interested! All is quick, easy and tasty or I don't do it!


Another demonstrator shared this flier that she made up to disperse throughout the month to give all the men "subtle hints" for Valentine's gifts. I'm going to make up something similar to hand out that night. Be sure to have your party in time to receive your order before Valentine's Day.

Some other ideas for the night would be to have a few pink & red decorations around, maybe take a picture of each couple to print and deliver with their order in a thank-you note. Oh! It's going to be so much fun, I can hardly wait! If any of you are on board, share your pictures, experiences and ideas with the rest of us :o)

No comments: