Thursday, December 11, 2008

Candle Confections

Well, I have another party tomorrow night and I was sitting here wondering what I should do for customer appreciation gifts and door prizes. I had the idea to make some little tealight treats and they turned out very cute!

Woops, I didn't notice one of those is upside down and you can see my ugly tape job. Oh well, nobody's perfect!!!
I used a package of Caramel Ginger Strudel tealights that have been sitting on my shelf a while. I love the brown color - it's just like real caramels or toffee. I used some clear cellophane and curly ribbon to trim them, wrapping like candies and tying both ends. They are so cute, if I do say so myself. I'm going to put them in a candy tin and they're perfect for a Christmas party - not to mention inexpensive, gotta love that.

One of the demos (Megan, was this you? I can't remember) shared that she brought treat bags to give out because she didn't want anyone to leave empty-handed. I loved the idea so I picked up some Santa bags, bite-sized snickers, Andes mints, mini-candy canes and marshmallow reindeer. One of each per bag and voila! I'm sure everyone will feel like kids again. I made 12 and I hope there's one left over for me :o)

Here's some miscellaneous pictures I had on my camera, this is from a show I did on Saturday, see how I put the red bows on each package of Auto Golds in the basket? Those things come in packages of 12 at the dollar store and you can tuck the wire in the fold of the envelope and they just stay on there. My price tags were ugly this day because I ran out of my usual stickers. Not sure if you can see in the upper left hand corner, there are a set of the ceramic songbirds from our Spring catalog. I tied red & green ribbon around and they sold quickly! Also, each of the 5oz candles has a small satin ribbon and jingle bell tied around the neck. I sold a dozen in the first hour. Not sure if you can see the baking line candle there, I had a new wooden spoon I tied on there with wired ribbon, I've also used cinnamon sticks in there and it looks good.


Below I have a pyramid of boxes, usually I would drape some fabric over but I was using it for different things, so I took extra wire ribbon and just laid it around. It helped things look a little more festive. I also sat out my scent pods on a holiday goody tray. You can see the little polar bear holders in a cello-bag with a vanilla mint votive and peppermint taffies. I also put bows on the Emerge products & Homeology. I notice the things with bows on them always sell quickly, maybe there's something subliminal about that... I also try to use holiday table cloths to put everyone in the mood.

And lastly, I love this sweater basket and it fits my winter catalogs perfectly. I sat them in a window sill with a box of pine cones. Don't you love the green light wire draped by it..... oh well.

Any and all of these ideas can be adapted for future parties if you Christmas parties are already wrapping up. Just use other seasonal decor. Please share some of your pictures, too!!!

No comments: