Saturday, November 8, 2008

Party Prep, Part II

Well, the day of the party I did a few more preparatory things I wanted to share with you...

First, my FAMILY. You're probably like me, that you chose this candle business because you wanted the flexibility to have more time with your family. So do you really want to be running around getting everything ready for a few hours before your party, ignoring the people you love most, then leave for a few more hours to have the party? No! Since I had most of my preparations in order, on the morning of my party day, I started a crock-pot meal for my family, so while I was gone they would have a nutritious meal ready. I also spent some extra time pushing my little girl in the swing and reading stories to my little boy. Doing good things for my family makes me feel even better when I leave.

When it was time to load up my display, since I bring candles for sale, I used little stickers to price everything. Having the prices in plain site will eliminate a lot of questions and save time from you flipping through the catalog to find an item. I also grabbed my shoulder bag - in which I keep my calculator, money bag and clip board.

Getting dressed, I kept having the urge to be very casual, because the party was for a relative. But I reminded myself I was the demonstrator that night, not the cousin, and I put on my slacks, heels and blouse. You can choose whatever attire you wish for your parties. When I train new demos, I usually suggest they dress up a little more than their "usual". You want to make a good impression. I finished it off with my name tag (Purchased through Town & Country).

I did remember my camera but I was so busy from the minute I got there till the minute I left there seriously wasn't a minute of time to click a picture for you guys. We had a great turn out, we played the booking game, and I got one home party, one catalog party, a "maybe" for a home party and a possible new demonstrator. Everyone loved using the Emerge products I brought to share. The party is at $472 right now and we're waiting for a few more orders.

Not relating to the party, but before I forget - I wanted to share an email I received from Kathleen Quirk this week. During this time of the Presidential election I wanted to share President Lincoln’s long list of failures. Why would I share this with you? ‘Tis the season to keep pushing and getting the most from the time left in the fourth quarter. You may be really working for a promotion by December 31.

Whatever your goal for 2008, President Lincoln lets us know to keep persevering and never get discouraged. If something is not working then try something different.

1831 - Lost his job
1832 - Defeated in run for Illinois State Legislature
1833 - Failed in business
1835 - Sweetheart died
1836 - Had nervous breakdown
1838 - Defeated in run for Illinois House Speaker
1843 - Defeated in run for nomination for U.S. Congress
1848 - Lost re-nomination
1849 - Rejected for land officer position
1854 - Defeated in run for U.S. Senate
1856 - Defeated in run for nomination for Vice President
1858 - Again defeated in run for U.S. Senate
1860 - Elected President (success)

Take time right now to re-evaluate your 2008 goals.
Map out your plan for the next six weeks and pull out all the stops and go for it!
It is belief, positive attitude and directed effort that will make 2008 the best it can be for you!

Believing in You! ~Erin

No comments: