Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Big Mac" Scripts

Okay ladies, here's some direct-sales vocabulary for you. The phrase is "Big Mac". At our training meetings my sales manager is always asking us if we make our "Big Mac" calls. You may ask what on earth a "Big Mac" is besides the hamburger at McDonalds... is the Big Morning After Call. This is what you should do the morning after your home parties.

This post is all about Follow-Up calls with your customers. This is the way you will have excellent customer service for your candle clients and it will set you apart from all the other candle girls on the block. Use these scripts and you will be AMAZED how well they increase your sales volume, return customers and sponsoring efforts. At first it feels funny, but you will quickly get the hang of it and before long you won't need your cheat sheet. Practice, practice, practice! I've done this and it truly works. Print this, open your customer database and pick up the phone. I'd love to hear your success stories!

Big Mac Scripts

The telephone is fabulous for follow-up. Don't depend on email. The more calling you do, the better you will get. Practice using these scripts and make up some of your own.

When making Big Mac calls:

“Hi, (Customer’s Name). This is (Your Name) from Gold Canyon. We met last night at (Host’s Name)’s Party. Do you have a minute? I really enjoyed meeting you and appreciated your order.”

If it was the Guest's First Party. say: “You mentioned it was your first Gold Canyon Party. What did you like best?”

If she is a Sponsoring lead, say: “You seemed to really love the product. Your enthusiasm was contagious! You really helped me sell the products. Were there other things you’d like to get that you didn’t get last night? Well, I wanted to let you know that there are two options for getting more product for a very small price or free … one is to book a Party and get all the Host Rewards and the other is to do what I do. What was it about my job that appealed to you?”

Another Sponsoring lead “I was so involved with the other guests that I realized you may have had some questions I didn’t have time to answer. What questions would you like to ask about our Host or Demonstrator opportunities?”

If she was interested in Host a Party, say: “Are you excited about getting all the items you ordered? It was hard to choose from so many great products, wasn’t it? (Customer’s Name), I’d love to do a Party for you and help you get some of the items on your wish list for free. I’m sure you have lots of friends who would be interested in what we have to offer.”

When you are ending the call, say: “As I mentioned at the Party, one of the most important parts of my business is service. You can call me with phone orders. I know how a birthday can sneak up on you sometimes. I can get you candles easily and quickly. Thanks so much for your time, (Customer’s Name). I’ll call you periodically to see what I can help you with.”

If you're calling someone who placed an Outside Order, say: “Hi (Customer’s Name). My name is (Your Name) and I’m with Gold Canyon. I wanted to thank you for placing an order through (Host’s Name). I like to get to know all of my customers and make sure they are aware of all the services we offer at Gold Canyon. Do you have a minute?”
“May I ask who you purchased your candles for? (Pause and listen.) I’m curious about how familiar you are with our products. Is this the first time you’ve purchased them? (Pause and listen.) Have you ever attended a Party?”
“I would love the opportunity to share Gold Canyon in person with you and your friends and family and help you earn free product like (Host’s Name) did. I’m also actively looking for people interested in the opportunity of joining Gold Canyon. May I tell you about it?”

You’re-Worth-Waiting-For “Timing is everything, isn’t it? I understand that you feel the timing isn’t right for you to get started with Gold Canyon. I just want you to know I think you’d be terrific and you’re worth waiting for. If things change, will you promise to call me?”

No comments: