Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sorting Orders and Post Cards

Here are some more helpful hints from Laurie H. She makes an effort to supports her hosts’ when they receive their order (she ships party orders directly to the host to allow her more time with her family, to do her business, and it saves her money.) She has had great success and her hosts love seeing what everyone purchased. I agree with this - every time I get an order in I take off the lid of everything and sniff -- and it gives me ideas for what I want next! I encourage you to try this, too!

Laurie's idea:
I have a small "Wrap It Up" packet that I mail my hostesses after I see her party has shipped (usually only cost a regular 42 cent stamp). I don’t mail it too soon because I don’t want it to get misplaced before her order arrives. The packet includes the following items:

*Enough re-order stickers for each candle
*"How to sort your party" letter (see text below)
*The yellow receipt copies for my hostess records and the pink copy that she can use to sort the party. This could be used like the packing list.
*Post cards from Vistaprint.com that say:
"Thank you for your recent Gold Canyon Order. As always you don’t have to wait for the next party to order. You can call, email, or visit my website any time. Remember Gold Canyon fundraisers earn 40% profit! Be sure to trim your wicks to 1/4" to ensure even burning."



How to Sort & Distribute your Gold Canyon
Candle Show

Invite everyone over to your house after you receive the party for coffee and doughnuts to pick-up their orders. This is another opportunity for friends to get together and you will not have as many deliveries. After seeing what everyone purchased, guests may choose to place another order!
This could possibly be a catalog party for you allowing you to earn even more FREE Gold Canyon product!!!

Here are a few simple instructions on completing your show:

1. Remove all products from the boxes. Lift bottom box flaps and check for wick dippers and bookmarks. These sometimes work their way to the bottom. Also remove all grey foam inserts. Product sometimes will slide between the side of the box and this insert.

2. If you have any damaged or broken candles, please call me ASAP!

3. If there is no damage or broken candles, please place one gold reorder label on the back of each candle. Turn label sideways for the 5oz candles, and on the bottom for the pillars. Please do not place stickers on the box.

4. Bag each customer individually and if customer has ordered more than one candle that is not in a box wrap one of the candles in one of the white bags included with your order and in your labeling packet mailed to you. Writing the customers name, and how many bags they have, on the front of the bag makes it easier to pass them out.

If you have any questions during this process, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Demonstrator’s name
Gold Canyon
Demonstrator’s phone number
Demonstrator’s email
Demonstrator’s web address

No comments: