Sunday, March 8, 2009

Upselling

Laurie Hancock, from TN, shared that she ‘bundles’ products at her parties and has found that people will purchase the bundles especially if they are the type that do not like looking through a catalog or they are overwhelmed with the selections.

Make your bundles coordinate with the monthly customer promotions. For example: If you select “XYZ” bundle, you would qualify for an item at a 20% discount….etc.

Here are examples of her party product bundles:

"Simply Spring" bundle-16oz candle and a wick dipper.-$19.50
"Discover Gold Canyon" bundle-26oz candle Wick dipper and Air Fresheners or 16oz candle, wick dipper and Room spray. $29.50
"Candles, Body, Home" bundle-16oz candle, Homeology Floor, Glass, or All Purpose, Emerge Raise Your Hand Silk, and a wick dipper-$48.92


This week I did another version of upselling that might also give you an idea to build your businesses..... I had ordered one each of the Auto Gold 3-packs to have on hand for a party a month ago. The Car Fresheners didn't sell and they've just been sitting on my shelf. This week I had several deliveries to make and I grabbed that basket of Auto Golds. I took them up to each door with me when I delivered the customer's regular order, and let my customers know I had over-ordered and had these extra Auto Golds on hand for purchase. I had pre-figured the total for each Auto Gold, being $8 after tax & shipping, and I simply asked if they'd like to add one to that day's order. Every customer accepted my offer, and one customer took 3 of them - so not only did I sell off all that overstock, I introduced all of my customers to a new product line and/or fragrance choice. TRY THAT!

No comments: